The Fusion Energy Sciences (FES) program of the Office of Science (SC) and the Office of Stockpile Stewardship of the Defense Programs (DP) of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), both of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), jointly announce their interests in receiving grant applications for new awards for research in the SC-NNSA Joint Program in High-Energy-Density Laboratory Plasmas (HEDLP). All individuals or groups planning to submit applications for new funding in Fiscal Year 2013 should submit in response to this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA). Principal Investigators who currently have awards through the joint HEDLP program should not apply.
The specific areas of interest are:
1. High-Energy-Density Hydrodynamics
2. Radiation-Dominated Dynamics and Material Properties
3. Magnetized High-Energy-Density Plasma Physics
4. Nonlinear Optics of Plasmas and Laser-Plasma Interactions
5. Relativistic HED Plasmas and Intense Beam Physics
6. Warm Dense Matter